Monday, September 28, 2020

Post 4: Antiwar

Throughout all of history, the argument of antiwar has always surfaced. Time and time again.  In some cases, antiwar sentiments have been overlooked. In other cases, the voices have been heard and realized. This is prevalent in today's news. Two sites I have come across recently are called Antiwar and Realism & Restraint Archives--The American Conservative. Until my professor posted these links, I was unaware these existed.



Antiwar & The American Conservative

Upon looking further into the Antiwar website, the first article links were as I expected them to be. Ranging from topics such as tariffs, if Americans should have troops in various countries, etc. One article heading, however, caught me off guard at first glace. "Judge Halts Trump's Tik Tok Ban, Hours Before Set to Start" Even though I have heard this topic in the news, it did not occur to me to see this on an antiwar website. This article discusses how the ban would have infringed on the right for free speech as stated in the First Amendment. Along with this, how this would have affected creators and viewers of the social media platform. 



Tik Tok Ban

The American Conservative that caught my eye with "Ending Our Military-First Foreign Policy" Specifically, the tag line brought my attention to this article, "Our interventions have only gotten worse and more counterproductive. It is time to remember what made America great in the first place." This certainly gave me the desire to read more. Something that I have heard in media circulation, is the use of drones. According to this article, drones are being used to keep an eye in certain countries. Also, topics such as drone usage and troop deployment are beginning to fade away from the mainstream spotlight.



Military-First Foreign Policy

(images used from websites/articles)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post 12: How Modern Media Impacts Us All

Every social media outlet we use from Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, etc. has shaped our society into what it is today. ...